LIC is the largest insurance provider company in India. It has a market share of above 66.2% in new business premium. The company offers participating insurance products and non-participating products like unit-linked insurance products, saving insurance products, term insurance products, health insurance, and annuity & pension products.
As of 30 Sep 2021, it has a total AUM of Rs. 39 lakh crore. LIC operates through 2048 branches, 113 divisional offices, and 1,554 Satellite Offices. It operates globally in Fiji, Mauritius, Bangladesh, Nepal, Singapore, Sri Lanka, UAE, Bahrain, Qatar, Kuwait, and the United Kingdom.
Key positive factors
- LIC is a part insurance and part investment products company. Their plans are a combination of insurance and investment with a guaranteed return.
- LIC has over 13.5 lakh agents who play brings most of the new business. LIC plans offer ‘fixed returns’ along with life insurance coverage. This makes it easy to sell by agents and brings peace of mind to the insurers.
- LIC has high trust in the public for both life insurance as well as investment done with them. LIC is synonymous with insurance in India.
- LIC manage asset of Rs 39 lakh crores. That is more money than the entire mutual fund industry combined. They invest these funds across stocks and bonds. They own 4% of all listed stocks in India and more government bonds than the RBI.
- Leading insurance provider company in India and fifth largest global insurer by GWP.
- A range of life insurance products to meet varied insurance needs of individuals.
- LIC has poor new policy growth as they continue losing market share to private insurance players, especially in urban areas.
- The margin in insurance + investment products is low.
- It’s very difficult to value LIC as the business model is unlike any other company. LIC collects money upfront and then promises to compensate policyholders at a later stage. The premiums they collect (part insurance and part investment) cannot be recognized as revenue.
The President of India, acting through the Ministry of Finance, Government of India is the company promoter.
|Particulars||For the year/period ended (₹ in Millions)|
|Profit After Tax||15,040.13||29,741.39||27,104.78||26,273.78|
Objects of the Issue:
The IPO aims to utilize the net proceeds towards the following purposes;
- To achieve the benefits of listing the equity shares on the stock exchange.
- To carry out an offer for sale of 316,249,885 shares by selling shareholders.
LIC IPO Details
|IPO Opening Date||May 4, 2022|
|IPO Closing Date||May 9, 2022|
|Issue Type||Book Built Issue IPO|
|Face Value||₹10 per equity share|
|IPO Price||₹902 to ₹949 per equity share|
|Min Order Quantity|
|Listing At||BSE, NSE|
|Issue Size||316,249,885 Eq Shares of ₹10|
(aggregating up to ₹[.] Cr)
|Offer for Sale||316,249,885 Eq Shares of ₹10|
(aggregating up to ₹[.] Cr)
LIC IPO Promoter Holding
|Pre Issue Share Holding||100%|
|Post Issue Share Holding|
Company Contact Information
Life Insurance Corporation of India
Yogakshema, Jeevan Bima Marg
Nariman Point, Mumbai 400 021,
Phone: +91 22 6659 8732
LIC IPO Registrar
KFintech Private Limited
Phone: 04067162222, 04079611000