Incorporated in 1985, Data Patterns is a defense and aerospace electronics solutions provider catering to the indigenously developed defense products industry. The company offers products to the entire spectrum of defense and aerospace platforms – space, air, land, and sea. The company’s core competencies include electronic hardware design and development, software design and development, firmware design and development, mechanical design and development, product prototype design and development, functional testing and validation, environment testing and verification, and engineering services opportunities.
The company’s manufacturing facility consists of a 100,000 square feet factory built on 5.75 acres of land in Chennai, which has facilities for design, manufacturing, qualification, and life cycle support of high-reliability electronic systems used in defense and aerospace applications. The company is also planning to acquire an additional 2.81 acres of adjacent land for further expansion. As of July 31, 2021, Data Patterns had 760 employees with more than 450 qualified engineers.
- Strategic defense & aerospace electronics solutions provider, well-positioned to benefit from the Make in India opportunity.
- Innovation focussed business model
- Sound order book with orders from several prestigious customers in the Indian defense ecosystem
- The modern certified manufacturing facility of international standards
- Track record of profitable growth
- Experienced management team and skilled workforce
Srinivasagopalan Rangarajan and Rekha Murthy Rangarajan are the company promoters.
|Particulars||For the year/period ended (₹ in Millions)|
|Profit After Tax||232.09||555.71||210.48||77.02|
Objects of the Issue:
The IPO aims to utilize the net proceed towards the following purposes;
- Prepayment or repayment of all or a portion of certain outstanding borrowings availed by the company.
- Funding working capital requirements of the company.
- Upgrading and expanding company’s existing facilities at Chennai.
- Meet general corporate purposes.
Data Patterns IPO Details
|IPO Opening Date||Dec 14, 2021|
|IPO Closing Date||Dec 16, 2021|
|Issue Type||Book Built Issue IPO|
|Face Value||₹2 per equity share|
|IPO Price||₹555 to ₹585 per equity share|
|Market Lot||25 Shares|
|Min Order Quantity||25 Shares|
|Listing At||BSE, NSE|
|Issue Size||[.] Eq Shares of ₹2|
(aggregating up to ₹588.22 Cr)
|Fresh Issue||[.] Eq Shares of ₹2|
(aggregating up to ₹240.00 Cr)
|Offer for Sale||5,952,550 Eq Shares of ₹2|
(aggregating up to ₹348.22 Cr)
|QIB Shares Offered||Not more than 50% of the offer|
|Retail Shares Offered||Not less than 35% of the offer|
|NII (HNI) Shares Offered||Not less than 15% of the offer|
Data Patterns IPO Tentative Timetable
The Data Patterns IPO open date is Dec 14, 2021, and the close date is Dec 16, 2021. The issue may list on Dec 24, 2021.
|IPO Open Date||Dec 14, 2021|
|IPO Close Date||Dec 16, 2021|
|Basis of Allotment Date||Dec 21, 2021|
|Initiation of Refunds||Dec 22, 2021|
|Credit of Shares to Demat Account||Dec 23, 2021|
|IPO Listing Date||Dec 24, 2021|
Data Patterns IPO Lot Size
The Data Patterns IPO market lot size is 25 shares. A retail-individual investor can apply for up to 13 lots (325 shares or ₹190,125).
Data Patterns IPO Promoter Holding
|Pre Issue Share Holding||59.95%|
|Post Issue Share Holding|