Skip to content
- Triangles are one of the most well-known chart patterns used in technical analysis.
- The three most common types of triangles, which vary in construction and implications, are Symmetrical Triangle, Ascending Triangle and Descending Triangle.
- These chart patterns are considered to last anywhere from a couple of weeks (ideally more than 12 weeks) to several months.
- These are areas of consolidations after a trending move and are generally continuation patterns, i.e. the erstwhile trends resumes after the breakout.
- However, in certain cases they act as reversal patterns. They can appear both in up-trend and down-trend.
[…] often occurs when the price of an asset moves sideways, such as in a range or triangle pattern following a trend. A slowdown in the momentum—sideways movement or slow trending […]